Stockbridge Village: 0151 480 1313
Fitton Hill: 0161 633 4060

Housing Benefit Verification

If you're on a low income and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit.

You may get Housing Benefit if you pay rent and your income and capital (savings and investments) are below a certain level.
You may qualify for housing benefit if you receive income support, jobseeker's allowance, pension credit or other state benefits or you are on a low income and pay rent.

If you are over 60 and receive Guaranteed State Pension Credit you may qualify for housing benefit or council tax benefit even if you have savings above £16,000.

You can find out if you are entitled by using a benefits calculator. Remember, this will only give you an indication of your potential entitlement.

If you think you may be entitled to benefit, you need to complete and return an application form to Knowsley Council or Oldham Council. You can pick up a form from your local Villages office.

Villages staff are able to verify and copy original documents for Housing Benefit purposes and every year we process many hundreds of enquiries. If you have been asked by the Council to provide details of identity and income, or other documentation, or if you wish to hand in a renewal form, this can be done at the Villages Housing office. It is essential that you complete the forms to receive the benefits you are entitled to.

The National Benefit Leaflet website provides further information about Housing Benefit. The leaflets are available in 11 different languages. This site provides leaflets in an easy to read style and have been approved by the Plain English Campaign to be 'jargon free'.

The website can be accessed using the following link: